Find and share strategies for helping students read for knowledge, write coherently, and think critically about the written word.
- Months- or even years-long independent research projects motivate students to develop core curricular skills.
- The number one concern that I hear from educators is lack of time, particularly lack of instructional time with students. Although we can't entirely solve the time problem, we can mitigate it by carefully analyzing our use of class time.
- Demystify math word problems with this simple technique that helps kids see the story beyond the numbers.
- Young students can apply language skills to learn to 'read art,' including their own work.
- Students need good reading skills not just in English but in all classes. Here are some ways you can help them develop those skills.