Explore and share tips, strategies, and resources for helping students develop in elementary school grades K-2.
- Some schools are changing the way they teach reading—based on research that shows background knowledge is more critical to comprehension than general skills like ‘finding the main idea.’
- Imagine a safe space where students with autism can go to calm their bodies and then get back to the business of learning.
- On March 18, 2020, Simone Kern tweeted that simply “recreating schools at home” passes up a golden opportunity to engage kids in authentic, self-directed learning.
- A trauma-informed approach ensures that students feel safe, supported, and nurtured—to improve their chances of academic success.
- Explicitly teaching and celebrating kindness is a simple yet powerful way to build a positive classroom culture.
- Students who need extra social and emotional support have a quick check-in with an adult at the start and end of each day.