6-8 Middle School
Explore and share tips, strategies, and resources for helping students develop in grades 6-8.
- When students and teachers collaborate to create shared behavior expectations, the whole class is invested in the norms.
- See how a Reggio Emilia–inspired elementary school in Australia fosters student interests to spark curiosity and joy in learning.
- A 2017 study found that cell phones that were turned off and stashed away silently reasserted themselves—distracting working students anyway.
- By leaving space in their lessons for authentic curiosity to take hold, teachers can enable deeper learning.
- A quick assessment strategy replaces raised hands, encouraging more students to contribute by accommodating their different processing needs.