Look beyond high-stakes testing to learn about different ways of assessing the full range of student ability -- social, emotional, and academic achievement.
- Though they have the potential to excel in many fields, we’re neglecting a large body of students with a unique set of skills.12.6k
- Work that emphasizes students’ developing skills instead of a graded product reminds them to see learning as their goal.9.9k
- Finding out what your students are really learning remains indispensable to teaching. Here’s what teachers are doing to check for understanding online.9.1k
- Giving grades that truly reflect student learning is one of the perennial problems in teaching, and these shifts in thinking about how to gather and report grades can help.3.5k
- A few ways to set up formative and summative assessments that provide an accurate picture of what students know.3.6k
- Getting a true sense of students’ learning and discouraging cheating is tough when some students are in the room and some are at home, but it can be done.3k