Look beyond high-stakes testing to learn about different ways of assessing the full range of student ability -- social, emotional, and academic achievement.
- This simple activity helps students practice giving and receiving peer feedback—and gets them out of their desks.
- More is not always better (and other life-saving tips).
- A face-to-face chat provides an alternative for students who struggle to show what they know on tests.
- Giving students time to explore ideas with no immediate grade pressure helps motivate them to be creative and take intellectual risks.
- This quick exercise scaffolds peer critique for elementary students.